Jessica Rice: The New Global Student

The purpose of life is to live it. to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, June 1, 2012

My Host Family!

Recently, I finally found out who my first host family in Brazil will be! I was BEYOND excited!! My host sister's name is Maria and we talk through Facebook all the time and I've come to really love her already! Today we talked by Skype and I had so much fun despite lots of technical difficulties. I can't wait to talk to her in person! I am also looking forward to meeting my Host Mom, Lais, and my cousin, Kevin. My family says I should call my Host Mom H&M for short! :) :) I will find out what she wants me to call her once I arrive in Campo Grande.
The not so good news is that now I'm having to fill out a mountain of paperwork for the travel agency, my visa, my insurance, etc. etc. It's definitely not fun but it will be worth it!
I'm working on making money to buy a laptop to take with me to Brazil and college when I get home, an oboe so I can continue to develop my talents in Brazil, and of course money I need to pay for my exchange. I am selling notebooks for $10 each and 72 Hour kits for $36 each. Also, if there is any job I could do to help me pay for my exchange I would be very grateful!
More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment