Jessica Rice: The New Global Student

The purpose of life is to live it. to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lyceum Music Festival

Wow. About a week and half ago I posted to pray that my visa would come in time for school. School started about a week ago and I have been having the most wonderful week in Midway, Utah at the Lyceum Music Festival! It was a HUGE blessing to be able to go! The festival needed another oboist and my oboe teacher, Holly Gornik, called me and asked me if my visa hadn't come yet if I could play the oboe for the festival. Of course my visa hadn't come and I was able to go to the festival! I had an AMAZING week learning so much about music and about myself and making the most wonderful friends! I love my roommates and my card game friends and my woodwind friends! I feel so blessed and I know that Heavenly Father's timing is ALWAYS better than mine! He knows what's going on and I know that I will always trust His timing no matter how hard it is! I love you all from Lyceum! Sara, Lindsey, Lindsey, Catherine, Tommy, Trent, Karrica, and soooo many others! I wish I could stay forever! Who knows, maybe I will be a professional oboist someday. I will just trust in Heavenly Father's plan for me with faith and I know that life, though never easy, will always be better than my own plan. What a humbling experience!
Any musicians out there, if you have a chance to audition for Lyceum, DO IT! I obviously had a blast and learned sooo much every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment