Jessica Rice: The New Global Student

The purpose of life is to live it. to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Breno Blauth Brazilian Oboe Concerto

I had the most incredible opportunity to play a Brazilian oboe concerto by Breno Blauth with the Campo Grande Municipal Orchestra on Wednesday! It was such a wonderful blessing and I LOVED it! I was SO nervous though too! A lot of my friends came, my next host families and my Rotary counselor! The auditorium was completely full! I think it was almost 1000 people!
 
Here is the full recording!
 
 
This was the announcement that went out advertising the concert. I gave one to my school and various places. It's so crazy to see my name printed on a big poster like this as a soloist! Wow!
 

 
This guy was the other soloist who played that night. He played a Telemman concerto on viola. It was great and he plays beautifully!
 
 
Emanuel went first and so I was about to pee my pants the whole time this was going on!! It's fun to listen to it now and enjoy it! hahaha!
 
 
Some of my friends and family who came to see me! On the far left is my Rotary counselor, Luiz Spengler, Denisse, Reynaldo, my host mom, Lais, then my third host family!

 
Here is my friend Denisse from Mexico and her host mom, Carla, and her host brother, Rodrigo. Luiz Spengler and my Host Mom are in this picture too.

 
Denisse and Bruno!!

 
After the concert I signed autographs!!!! It was crazy!  I've always wanted to be a world famous oboist!! Hahahahaha!

 
My hands were quivering a little from the thrill and after-nerves of playing in front of a lot of people and so all my signatures were hideous! But that's ok. I'll practice for next time!! haha Just kidding!


 
Denisse showing off her autographed program that she's going to sell for a million dollars one day! Hahaha! Wouldn't that be nice?

 
I had the most incredible experience playing in this orchestra and I can't wait to do it again! What a blessing! I was just a little upset that none of my American friends came to see it! Gosh guys!!!!!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment