Jessica Rice: The New Global Student

The purpose of life is to live it. to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, September 14, 2012

Trote de Brega!!!

On Wednesday at my school, the "terceiro ano" or the "Seniors" had a "dia de trote". It's basically a day where the Seniors get to dress up for a certain theme. This time the theme was "brega": mis-matched, silly clothes!
 
 
My friends: Bea, Luana, Henrique, me, Thais, Julia, Rafaella

 
Deborah and I! (notice my shoes! Shannon made them! Love you Shannon!)
I was going to wear my host mom's Japanese kimono shirt with my yellow pants but I was too embarrassed! Everyone thought I looked funny enough! When I walked in all the teachers started laughing! I thought I had come dressed up on the wrong day and I was so embarrassed!


 
These guys are in the "primero ano" or freshmen! They didn't get to dress up! It's fun to be a senior!
 
 
My friends Luciano, Cintia, Karren, Henrique, and Rafaella

 
Exchange students!!
(The first two on the left are Brazilians)
Then there's Lisa (Italy), Laura (France), Matteo (Italy) and dead on the bench is Meagan (Canada)! Meagan is the only other exchange student in the terceiro ano but she said she didn't dress up!!
There are more exchange students at my school - two from Mexico and another from Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment