Jessica Rice: The New Global Student

The purpose of life is to live it. to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Weekend Party and Makeover!!!

My aunt and uncle, cousin and her daughter are here visiting in  Campo  Grande! My cousin Camila is a model and fashionista! She knows all about Brazilian trends and fashion so she took me shopping for my birthday to teach me all she knows!
 
 
She picked this out for me! It was so hard to find shorts, skirts and dresses long enough and shirts that were cute with sleeves! But we managed! I think it's perfect!
 
 
Camila picked out this outfit for me! I wouldn't have thought of pairing that shirt with those pants but I loved it!
I also got my hair done at the salon! The did this thing that I think in english is "crystalization". It's going to make my hair straight and sleek for up to 4 months! But I can't wash my hair for 3 days and it's SOOOOOO hot! My hair is going to be disgusting! hehehe! Good thing I'm thousands of miles from the USA!
 
 
Friends of my cousin Mariana! We had and a really fun party! I learned about lots of Brazilian music : funky, sertaneja, and some really...interesting dances! It was hilarious!

 
I ate fish twice in one day and liked it both times!! This is crazy!! In the back of the plate is mandioca which I love, and in the front is fish - I'm not sure what kind. The thing is, that it was RAW!!! Yes, I ate raw fish and liked it!

 
This was the most delicious "stir fry".
 
 
My cousins!!! Camila and Mariana!


 
 
 
 
At the party they showed me this "trick"! It's called "foginho"!!! They put alohol in someone's mouth, light a match in their mouth and then someone puts it out by kissing them!!!!! Oh my heck it was crazy!

1 comment: