Jessica Rice: The New Global Student

The purpose of life is to live it. to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Primera Festa!!!!

Last Saturday night I went to my first party with my friends Deborah and Denisse. It was a surprise farewell party for a Brasilian guy going to New York as an exchange student. I had never met the guy but a lot of kids from school were there who new him so it wasn't too awkward!
We had a great time! The music was so loud and everyone danced like crazy! Sadly, I'm the most awkward dancer in the world and so I had to be taught! It was hilarious! But by the end I had improved a little bit I think! The key is to look weird and then you won't! I definitely took a giant leap out of my comfort zone!
There was also alcohol at this party! Ahh! I have never been so close to alcohol in my life and some of my friends tried to get me to drink. I'm so grateful that there are lots of people here that don't drink. It makes it much easier for me to say no and not be questioned like crazy! I went up to the bar one time and asked for water and they laughed! Apparently they don't serve water at bars...haha!
 
 
My friends Deborah and Denisse. Denisse is from Mexico and Deborah is a good friend from school!
 
 
 
Everyone agreed that my dress was WAY too long and that I need to wear heels! Haha!

 
My friends and I left the party at about 11:00 pm but Denisse heard from some other people that it lasted unil 10:00 am!!! I would not last that long! I would be sleeping on the floor!
After I got back from this party I went to ANOTHER party for my friend Humberto's birthday! I stayed there and talked to his friends until 3:30 am!!!!!!!!! First time in my life I've ever stayed out so late!! But I was having an awesome time talking to my new friends! We decided that we're going to have a party and I'm going to make American pancakes! I had Brazilian pancakes last week and it they were more similar to enchiladas and lasagna with chicken....didn't resemble American pancakes a single bit! haha!
My host mom is really awesome! She came down at 3:30 am to the room where the party was at my apartment and asked if I wanted to stay longer!!! I love her!
I only got three hours of sleep that night because I had to get up for church at 6:00 am. Don't worry, I caught up on sleep at school! Haha!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment