Jessica Rice: The New Global Student

The purpose of life is to live it. to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, August 20, 2012

Coxim

Over the weekend, Maria and I took a trip to her grandparent's farm in Coxim. Coxim is a very small, cute town and also extremely hot! The farm is a tourist attraction outside of the city.



We left early in the morning on a HUGE, fancy bus! Maria and I slept much of the way. I look so beautiful in this picture, I admit it!


Ostrich farm!!


Fields of gold!
Not really, I think it's dead corn.


Another ostrich farm! Apparently ostrich skin is the second strongest in the world after elephant skin! It's pretty popular here for leather boots, purses, etc.


Farms on the way to Coxim.




We had a blast swimming in the lake. It was so warm and beautiful!
The kids of Maria's grandparent's friends went with us to the farm. I was able to help them with their English homework which was pretty awesome! I felt really smart!
 From left to right: Annelyne, Antonio, Alyane, and Maria


The lake is SO beautiful! It felt awesome in the blazing heat!
And yes, this should be a calendar picture I know!!


Grandparent's home. It is beautiful and quite big.


View of the lake from the house. Everyone kept saying it is so ugly right now because it's so dry and that it would be more beautiful during the winter. I thought it was beautiful the way it was!


Um cavallo branco!! A white horse! So beautiful! I didn't hang out with the horses much because I wasn't sure they were friendly.


The horse was giving me a stare down.


Yes, they have horses and ostriches!!! Cool right! This one liked to follow me around a lot. It kind of scared me!


Posing for the picture! I honestly don't know what he was doing! Silly ostrich!


Sunday we left the farm and went up the stairs to see the Cristos of Coxim. It looks over the city like in Rio de Janeiro.


This was my favorite part.

All that was missing was my Mom and Dad and little sisters. I thought of them constantly. They would love the farm! Lola would love the ostriches and cats I'm sure! Maybe someday we can go together.

Monday morning starting at 4:00 am, Maria and I took a long trip back to Campo Grande from Coxim by bus. I was glad to come home and also glad to skip school!


No comments:

Post a Comment