Jessica Rice: The New Global Student

The purpose of life is to live it. to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mountains to Climb - Heavenly Father Answers Prayers

Homesickness is the worst pain I have ever experienced. It feels like my stomach is filled with rocks and I'm drowing in icy water- I can't breathe. My eyes are constantly filled with tears and everything around me reminds me of home and my family. I miss them more than I ever imagined I would and more than I ever thought possible.
In my despair, pain, tears, and sadness I called out to Heavenly Father in prayer. I went to lds.org and listened to David A. Bednar's talk "Mountains To Climb". No talk has ever helped me to feel the Spirit more and I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers. He is with us all in our trials. Jesus Christ suffered far more than we can imagine and He did it for us so that we may be able to bear our burdens and return to Him! My testimony has been strengthened and I know that David A. Bednar is a prophet and a special witness of Jesus Christ and His love! I encourage everyone to listen to David A. Bednar's talk no matter what religion you are a member of or whether you believe in a God or not. I promise if you have an open heart and prepare your mind to receieve the message, you will feel something very good and pure inside you.
I still miss my family more than I can express, but I know that I am not alone and I know that no matter how hard my trials may be in life, I will be able to bear them with my Savior, Jesus Christ beside me to hold me up when I fall.

ENGLISH:   https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/mountains-to-climb?lang=eng

PORTUGUESE:    https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/mountains-to-climb?lang=eng&clang=por


President Henry B. Eyring
I am encircled eternally in the arms of His love

No comments:

Post a Comment