Jessica Rice: The New Global Student

The purpose of life is to live it. to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, August 11, 2012

First Concerts in Brazil

Wednesday I went to my friend Henrique's choir concert at his university. They sang one song in english and the rest were in portuguese. I really liked it! It wasn't so different from concerts I've been to in the USA except the music was different.


I don't know most people in this picture but my friend Henrique is directly on my right with the white shirt, Orlando is next to Henrique and Bruno is on my left with the glasses.


Friday night after coming home from the Pesque e Pague, I heard music and thought it was some kind of concert. It was, but it was an Evangelical "gospel concert". I don't know how to describe it. It was very interesting and different. I wouldn't think it had anything to do with religion if I didn't hear words such as "Holy Ghost" and "God". My host mom, Lais, is so kind. She wants me to have every experience here in Brazil so even though she was tired she brought me to see the Evangelical concert. We didn't stay long. There were tons of people screaming and waving their hands and I don't think either of us were in the mood to stay.



No comments:

Post a Comment