Jessica Rice: The New Global Student

The purpose of life is to live it. to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My First Rotary Meeting

Every Tuesday I  go to a meeting for Rotary - a service organization which gave me the opportunity to go to Brazil as an exchange student. I met the president of the Rotary club of Campo Grande and many other Rotarians. Everyone is very kind and welcoming, of course. They spoke for a long time (as they tend to do in Rotary meetings!) and then we ate rice, meat, and fruit which is typical food of Brazil. It reminded me of beef stew my mom makes every once and awhile at home. Then we had ice cream and candied bananas which reminded me of something I made at home. I miss my family a lot.


Left to right: Maria Luisa (an exchange student from Campo Grande going to France at the end of the month), Maria Dolores (my host sister going to Mexico in two weeks), the Campo Grande Rotary club President, and me on the far right.


No comments:

Post a Comment