Jessica Rice: The New Global Student

The purpose of life is to live it. to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, August 20, 2012

Welcoming the New Exchange Students!!

I've gotten behind on my blog because the system was being weird! But luckily I figured it out!

Last Saturday two girls from Mexico and a girl from Idaho arrived at the Campo Grande airport! Two of the girls are being hosted by another club in our district so I won't be able to see them much.
I was so excited to welcome some new friends!


My friend Denisse (from the hottest city in the world!) is in the middle holding the flag. She was freezing when she arrived! It was probably 80 degrees fahrenheit! Oh Denisse!
Maria Jose is to the left of Denisse. She is living in a different city in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul.


Later on Saturday night we had a fancy party to welcome Denisse and me! You can see why exchange students usually gain a lot of weight! The food was so good! In the middle are "brigadeiro", a delicious chocolate candy that Brasil is famous for.


Tuesday night Denisse and I went to the Rotary meeting together. We both agree I look drunk in this picture! I promise I didn't touch the beer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment